Sunday, September 1, 2013

Entry 1 by Claude Tecson

Why study Human Resource Management(HRM)?
Well, to be honest, at first I thought there was no fun in it but DLS-CSB proved me wrong!! I have lots of cute classmates back then, who wouldn't be inspired? but seriously speaking, as I threw more of my time studying and understanding why HR I found out that it the job I wanna do when I graduate.
I tried to apply in different companies even when I'm still in school, 4 companies were ready to hire me, and I found out that HR personnel and officers are in demand and they give good compensation and benefit packages as well. but if I were to become an HR staff/officer, I would like to make a change in my workplace, a good one that benefit both the organization and employees. Recruit and train the people I will be handling in the future only the best. Handle conflicts and be able to solve them. And push employees to strive more and just to stay with company.

I suddenly remember our thesis’ theory. The Social Exchange Theory of Lazarus and Folkman. Employees tend to reciprocate through their performance the feeling they have for their organization. Anyway, the reason why you should study HR it’s the change and impact you can make in a company. And the money you can get. J

No comments:

Post a Comment